Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 250g Unsalted butter (9oz)
- 200g Granulated Sugar (7oz)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 60g Cocoa Powder (2oz)
- 420g Plain Flour (15oz)
- Splash of Milk (optional)
For best results, mix ingredients at room temperature. Prep and baking time: 20 minutes. Chill time: 1.5 hours.
- Mix softened butter and sugar together until the mixture is smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and egg to the mixture and beat to combine.
- Add Cocoa powder and about half of the flour and mix until combined. Then add the rest of the flour and knead until you have a soft dough mixture. Add a splash of milk if the mixture is too dry.
- Split the dough equally in two and chill in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Once chilled roll out your dough onto baking paper to 5mm thickness and cut out designs. Use cocoa powder in place of flour when rolling out your dough. For best results, further chill for about half an hour before baking.
- Bake at 170C for 10 minutes. Leave to chill before decorating and serving.
Essential tips for your Bakerlogy Cookie Cutters
- Coat your cutter in flour for extra assistance when cutting your dough. If your dough is getting stuck in the cutter, you may need to chill it in the fridge or roll it out thinner. Our cutters are designed for dough that is 5mm thick.
- If your dough becomes too dry and cracks when rolling out, you can add a splash of milk or water.
- Avoid using raising agents in your mixtures and stick to plain flour over self-raising flour.
- To avoid misshapen cookies, roll out your dough straight onto ready prepared baking paper and pull the excess dough away from the cut shapes.
- To clean your Bakerlogy cookie cutters, you can soak them in warm soapy water, and use a brush to remove dough remnants. Our cutters are also dishwasher safe.