Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 400g Plain Flour (without Raising Agent)
- 250g Unsalted Butter
- 200g Granulated Sugar
- 60g Cocoa Powder
- 1 large egg
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp salt
- Splash of milk
For best results mix ingredients at room temperature. Prep time: 20 minutes, chill time: 1.5 hours
Mix softened butter and sugar together until the mixture is smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and egg to the mixture and beat to combine.
- Add cocoa powder, salt and about half of the flour and mix until combined. Then add the rest of the flour and knead until you have a soft dough mixture. Add a splash of milk if the mixture is too dry.
- Split the dough equally in two and chill in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Once chilled roll out your dough onto baking paper to 5mm thickness and cut out designs. Use cocoa powder in place of flour when rolling out your dough.
- For best results further chill for about half an hour before baking. Bake at 170C for 10 minutes.
- Leave to chill before decorating and serving.